Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sleater-Kinney -Call the Doctor



Alanis Morissette was so much cooler when she was in a punk rawk band. I mean her voice goes so much better with intense three chord riffs.

What? What do you mean Alanis Morissette wasn't in a punk band?!!! That's not her singing. You lie.

I suppose, that might be a slight exaggeration and since both Alanis' break out album and Sleater- Kinney's sophmore effort came out at roughly around the same time, it's hard to point fingers at who stole whose style, if anyone did at all. Maybe, it was just the sounds of the time, but to me Morissette and Tucker had some striking vocal similarities.

I have already reviewed SK once on my now defunct freshman effort of this blog, so I will simply say, I love riot grrrl music. Sleater-Kinney though they might have come on the tail end of fad, they were probably one of the best representations of it. But, let's not get lost in titles. These girls rocked and were a great punk band. You should have them on you playlist.

No comments: