Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bikini Kill- The CD Version of the Firs Two Records


When I was about 17 years old, my girlfriend at the time decided she no longer wanted the esteemed title. I found out days later that she dumped me for a Carnie (short for Carnival worker). Did you hear what I just said, I was dumped for a CARNIE! Of course, I was devastated. I mean who wouldn't be? To be left for a carnival worker is only slightly better than her dumping me for a homeless squatter with no respect for hygiene... only slightly.

A short time thereafter, someone put this tape on in my car. It was the first time I heard the song Carnival and from that day forward my heart has been intertwined with Bikini Kill. No matter how we differ on politics and ethics, I will be forever grateful to BK. It was like someone reaching out there hand to an abuse victim and telling them, "Hey, it's gonna be alright. I've been there too." For the first time, I understood this was a national epidemic, young girls falling for the swooning dirtiness of Carnie Charisma.

So there it is, there's my story of why I still love Bikini Kill. 

As for the record, well it's as the Title suggest a couple of EPs  meshed together. It's upfront, in your face, vulgar, female leftist liberal, punk at its finest. 


No comments: