Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mr. T Experience - Making Things With Lights





When I was 15 years old or so, I went to the Pomona Colleges to see MTX. It was my first experience with the band and my first time stage diving. The band was great. They were fun and filled the room with energy even though there were probably only 25 -30 people in the room. The stage diving experience...well, first I'm not sure why I was trying it at an MTX show and second why was I doing it when there were so few people in the room. It was silly, I remember thinking that even back then, but it was a silly night and everyone was having a blast. It went alright for me, but my friend, well he actually jumped over the two rows of people and landed on his face, almost breaking his neck. I was sworn to secrecy... until now.  I still remember thinking, should I be laughing right now? Anyhow, that night sealed the deal, I've been an MTX fan ever since.


MTX is a pop-punk band from the bay area, but their not the mutated pop-punk that you might be familiar. They are more in line with the Ramones and Buzzcocks than the Blink 182’s and Good Charolette of the modern era. The band has gone through multiple line up changes, the constant is Dr. Frank (Singer, songwriter, guitar player)  If you enjoy fun, quirky fast paced songs about dysfunctional relationships then you’ll like what Dr. Frank and the rest of the guys are offering up. 


Songs
What Went Wrong She's No rocket Scientist
The Girl Who Still Lives At Home
Send Me a Postcard


Overall Rating:


No comments: