Friday, June 4, 2010

Grateful Dead- American Beauty









American Beauty is an American Classic! I love listening to this album while driving, especially driving through San Francisco.  This is my favorite album, by the band, but telling you American Beauty is the Dead’s best work might bring about on onslaught of debate. Since I suppose asking a Deadhead to tell you what the band’s best album is, would be liking asking a Lakers Fan who the best Laker is of all-time. So, I’ll just say for my taste, it’s my favorite record by the Dead, though by all accounts I am not a Dead Head and have not listened to their entire collection. Box of Rain the first song is a subtle, simple song sang by Phil Lesh that lets you know you're in for a real treat. From there American Beauty, never lets up with great material. It's a musical experience throughout the entire CD. 


Songs to Listen For:


Box of Rain
Friend of the Devil
Truckin'
Sugar Magnolia
Ripple
Till the Morning Comes










No comments: